Waupaca, Wisconsin

Purchased new engine block from Speedmaster 79 that was machined and ready to assembled.It took 9 months to get it.

When i have received this block it looked OK. I had my engine builder to assemble this short block. After prepping the oil passages and boring cylinders because they were wrong size, they check decks level and line bore. everything was way off.

Crankshaft thrust bearing journal was machined .100 to the back of the center line,oil passages did not align with main bearings, bearing locks were off. When I tried to contact Speedmaster it took over a month to get reply. Then I got runaround for close to a year. Last December at PRI race show in Indianopolis they had a Booth with display.

I talked to CO from Australia and Rialto Ca. They were showing interest in helping with the problem. Did not hear nothing from them ,so in January I send e-mails and got response that they are still checking in to it. Today February 29th I send another e-mail and got response that they are not going to do anything.

I have saved all the e-mail( over 80 of them) If there is a problem they will give you runaround and will not stand behind any o their product.DO NOT BUY anything from Speedmaster

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of engine block. Speedmaster needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned engine block in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Speedmaster. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Summit Group Software, Proheader Performance or Msd.

Had an Experience with Speedmaster?

Comments

Frankston, Victoria County, Trinidad And Tobago #1224584

we have the same problem with them here in australia mate