1.7
Equipment Quality
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Usability

I bought a set of sbc head studs from a Speedmaster distributor a little over a year ago for an engine I was putting together. Had half the set installed on one head, and was about halfway through the other when I realized that one of the nuts for the studs wasn't tapped.

It had no threads. There were no extra nuts in the box. Needing studs that day, I pulled all of the already installed studs out, and I went to the parts store and bought a new set of ARP studs. Now, I'm building another engine.

I called customer service to have them send me a new nut. Spoke to CHRIS on the phone. He told me that he would sell me new hardware, but they would not give me anything for free since the one-year warranty since the date of sale was expired. He said that if I wanted any help to go back to whoever sold them to me because they weren't the ones that took my money.

I told him that if I had to go somewhere else to get help, I'd just get different studs. He hung up on me.

All I asked was that they mail me one single nut because they incorrectly made the product they sold, and now they've lost a customer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: 31 nuts that were sold to me as described.

I didn't like: Awful customer service, Parts the were sold not as advertised.

Comments